At PCM, we take home health care very seriously. That’s why we only hire caregivers of the highest caliber and character. Our caregivers hold the great privilege and
responsibility of caring for our clients in the most intimate of settings–their own homes. We seek caregivers who are committed to providing only the best of care to those who have entrusted us with their care. And as a caregiver for PCM, we place our trust in you–to provide the safe, professional and respectful home health care our clients need and deserve.
PCM offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees, designed to help you and your family stay healthy, grow personally, professionally and financially, and achieve a balance between your work and personal life. We understand that when you feel supported, your energy is freed up to focus on your work—which helps us better serve our clients. And we listen to your feedback. We continuously update and fine-tune our benefits package based on what we hear from our employees.
Our benefits for employees who work a minimum of thirty hours per week:
- Medical: We offer medical plan options including HMO, PPO and Health Savings Account plans allowing participants access to a vast provider network and claims administration services.
- Health Savings Accounts: A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a pretax savings account that you can use now to pay for eligible health care expenses for you and your eligible dependents, as well as save to pay for future health care expenses. The HSA provides tax advantages –money goes in tax-free, grows tax-free and is tax-free when used to pay for qualified medical expenses. If you don’t use all of the money in the HSA during the plan year, it rolls over to the following year.
- Dental: We offer dental plan options with in- and out-of-network benefits, giving you the freedom to choose any provider.
- Vision: PCM’s vision plan provides flexibility to see any provider you choose, but you pay less out of your pocket when you see one of the participating network providers.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: PCM offers two Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) – which allows you to pay for healthcare and dependent care expenses with pretax dollars.
- Voluntary Benefits: As an employee at PCM, you may also elect to participate in any of the following voluntary benefits. We partner with select providers to enable you to more easily participate in these important benefits programs:
• Short-Term Disability (STD)
• Long-Term Disability (LTD)
• Accident Insurance
• Cancer Insurance
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance
• Term Life Insurance
• Home and Auto Insurance
• Pet Insurance
Professional Case Management is committed to providing a high standard of care for each client. First and foremost, that means hiring only the best caregivers. Because we value not only our clients but also our own people, all of our caregivers are employees of PCM – not temporary contractors.
At PCM, we have instituted a number of programs and oversight committees, such as client satisfaction surveys, to ensure that we are actually delivering the level of professional care our clients expect from us. We also have a compliance committee, which ensures that our entire company is operating ethically and in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
For more information on our quality assurance, click here.
Trust is a key element of any successful relationship, and the relationship between PCM and its caregivers is no different. To build that trust, setting the right expectations for our working relationship is vital.
What to expect from PCM
The large majority of our caregivers enjoy the privacy, intimacy, and trust of one-on-one home care. Our caregivers most enjoy the flexibility of their shift hours compared to working in a facility. Many caregivers also find reward in caring for the unique clients that we serve – patriots who built our nuclear defense deterrent and have become ill due to radiation or other toxic exposure. You will also receive opportunities for training, and we have two generous client and nurse referral programs, which can help you supplement your income.
What we expect from our caregivers
We seek caregivers we can trust. After all, our caregivers hold both the honor and responsibility of caring for our esteemed clients. We look for caregivers with:
Compassion – Our clients deserve care from empathetic professionals.
Integrity – We expect people on our team to work hard and notify us of any issues. We look for people with good references and solid work histories.
Pride – People who take pride in their work provide a higher quality of care. We look for people who love what they do and have a strong work ethic.
Aptitude – We test all of our caregivers to ensure they are competent to provide the best care for our patients. We also provide ongoing training to make sure our caregivers continuously grow and learn.
“PCM is a great company to work for. They are flexible with the scheduling, their clientele is growing, and they offer great pay.”
– Certified Nursing Assistant, South Carolina
“At PCM I got to work with a number of patients, all in the comfort of their own homes. There wasn’t a moment there that was ever wasted.”
– Certified Nursing Assistant, Tennessee
“Working at PCM has been a wonderful experience. I loved the education I obtained related to nuclear exposure and heavy metal toxicity.”
– Registered Nurse Case Manager, Tennessee
“PCM treats us with respect, care and genuine concern for our well-being.”
– Registered Nurse, Colorado
“PCM gave me the opportunity to feel like I was actually making a difference.”
– Licensed Practical Nurse, Washington
“I can’t say enough good things about our Regional Director. She is always available to help me and cares about her staff and clients and families in her care.”
– Registered Nurse, Tennessee.
“The referral bonus program is excellent. I truly appreciate the recognition for growing our field staff and finding talented nursing staff to care for our clients.”
– Registered Nurse, New Mexico